Sunday, December 11, 2011

Hear This...Guards- New Single "Do It Again" / "Swimming After Dark"

In the process of trying to fully understand the term 'pop wave doom,' I came across a new single from NY rockers Guards called 'Do It Again.'  As the seasons change and us in the USA have begun to adjust to the harsh realities of winter, this song can do nothing but bring us back to the warm feeling of summer with its catchy melodies and sing along mentality.  While it's definitely a killer, upbeat track, I'm not exactly sure how well it qualifies as pop wave doom.  So how can you define these guys? Fortunately, I came across another track of theirs, 'Swimming After Dark' which came out about the same time as previously posted ‘I See It Coming.’ After giving it a listen, I assured that it might point me back towards this mysterious genre. With a similar sound to their song 'I See It Coming,' ‘Swimming After Dark’ is definitely a great track complete with its own orchestral pieces giving the song a beautiful and rich sound differentiating it from other NYC mod-rock songs.




No comments:

Post a Comment