Saturday, October 15, 2011

Audiovisuals...Official Video for Best Coast's "Our Deal"


     Although well into October, I thought I would salvage the last few days of good/acceptable weather before plunging into the dark and dreary days of winter by posting something Best Coast.  Labeled as garage rock, garage pop, surf rock and indie, above all, the music of Best Coast can be defined as good old "summer music."  While dropping their debut album, Crazy For You, last summer to rave reviews, the band recently added an official music video to their list, directed by none other than Drew Barrymore.

     As her directorial debut, I got to give Barrymore props for this piece.  Containing elements from "West Side Story" and Romeo and Juliet, this video is more than just a regular, run of the mill MTV music video.  In my opinion, Barrymore's work is more than a music video, its a short film, complete with main characters, a conflict and resolution scenario, and a twist that even David Fincher couldn't devise. All in all, its worth checking out.
+Running Time- 10:39
+Starring- Chloe Moretz, Tyler Posey, Miranda Cosgrove
+Track List (in order)- "Our Deal" "Boyfriend" "Honey" "I Want To"



2 comments:

  1. I didn't see the music video before, I wonder why they waited 12 months before revealing a video ?

    Our Deal is actually on my top 100 songs of 2010 list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely respect and appreciate your point on each and every object.
    /www.dealsextra.com.au/sydney.php

    ReplyDelete