Thursday, March 22, 2012

Useless Clatter...2012 Album Releases [Apr+May]


      Now that March is coming to an end, I see that my most anticipated albums of 2012 post- (Jan-Feb-Mar) is becoming a bit useless.  So I’ve finally found some time to browse about the web aimlessly and put together Part II of the list which includes April and May.  Despite only being two months, it’s packed very tightly with plenty of new releases from some of my favorites like Best Coast, The Dandy Warhols, and The Brain Jonestown Massacre [and that’s not even counting the Willow Smith album out on April 3rd]  I've also seen the convenient release from bands I have recently discovered like Alabama Shakes and Father John Misty, who I literally discovered this morning.  
      I couldn’t find many for June at this point [plenty of rumors] but figured I would wait a bit and post that later.  Of course, if I missed anyone important or you feel generous enough to send a complimentary recommendation my way feel free.
+ Album artwork and preview tracks/singles will be updated when the info arrives.

April 3
Of Monsters & Men- My Head is an Animal
 


April 10
Alabama Shakes- Boys & Girls
 


April 17
Spiritualized- Sweet Heart Sweet Light  
Spiritualized - Sweet Heart Sweet Light

April 24
Jack White- Blunderbuss 
Jack White - Blunderbuss



The Dandy Warhols-This Machine



April 28
Ty Segall and White Fence- Hair
 

May 1
Father John Misty- Fear Fun
Album cover for father john misty fear fun by J. Tillman


Norah Jones- Broken Little Hearts



Rufus Wainright- Out of the Game
File:Rufus Wainwright Out of the Game.jpg


Santigold- Master of My Make Believe
Santigold "Master Of My Make-Believe" Cover Art Revealed


The Brian Jonestown Massacre- Aufheben



May 8
Silversun Pickups- Neck Of The Woods

[No single released at this point]


May 15
Beach House- Bloom
Beach House Reveal Bloom Album Cover


Best Coast- The Only Place



Garbage- Not Your Kind of People


May 29
Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros- Here
[No cover art released at this point]



2 comments:

  1. Good job, appreciate the effort. Did not know Norah Jones and Best Coast had new LPs coming soon. That Beach House track is great, The Garbage track I didn't think was very good considering it's a single.
    Will be interesting to see what direction the bands go in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I'm not a huge Garbage fan and like you I wasn't particularly thrilled about the new track. Super excited about the Best Coast CD though. I don't expect it to be much different from the new one, despite my rant the other week in by Best Coast post (http://tuneclatter.blogspot.com/2012/03/useless-clatterbest-coast-unveils.html).

    ReplyDelete