Sunday, March 4, 2012

Hear This [Audiovisuals]...Arctic Moneys- "R U Mine?"

      Why can't everyone be as cool as the Arctic Monkeys? Once again, my favourite British  band have done it again producing yet another uber-cool song to rock out to.  "R U Mine?" is the band's latest work, but from what I've heard, its not an early release of any upcoming LP nor is it a b-side from their latest album, Suck It and See.  They just felt like releasing another song, and we can all be thankful for that.
      "R U Mine?" stuck me as an interesting title choice for a band who has made their name on being the bad boys of rock 'n rolls.  I thought for a second the Arctic Monkey's dropped off the deep end and teamed up with Ke$ha for a sequel single to "We R Who We R."  Thankfully I was wrong.
      "R U Mine?" comes as no shock for Arctic Monkey fans as the song reaches back to the traditional heavy rock sound the band veered away from on their last album Suck It and See.  It's a surly combination of heavy guitar chords and drums that we all came to love in the Arctic Monkeys.  As always, Turner's dyamic vocals sit above all the noise pushing the song forward. 
      Sure I would prefer "Are You Mine?" over the abbreviated title, but that just goes to show you how the Arctic Monkeys can make anything cool.  Don't believe me? They prove it to us by pulling off one of the most misused and abused fashion statements with ease- sunglasses at night [while driving].

3 comments:

  1. Pretty good tune. I'm not the biggest AM fan but I definitely appreciate their work.

    I guess the sunglasses came in handy when the video babes were waving flares around in their faces at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Function over style- that's a good way to see them. I noticed you guys beat me to the post by like a week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pat - the guy who wrote that post - loves AM. I think they're his favorite band.

      Delete