Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Useless Clatter...2012 Album Releases [June]


Here's a general list of the albums I am most excited to hear when they release in June.  Its a good mix of new bands with debuts (Friends, solo Glen Hansard) as well as some veteran rockers breaking a sleepy hiatus (Smashing Pumpkins, Neil Young + Crazy Horse).  I even threw DMX up on the list too for some good fun, despite the fact that his music is still angry as hell.  It's all fun and anyways even without DMX,  June looks to be a terrific month for music.



June 5
Crocodiles – Endless Flowers
Crocodiles - Endless Flowers


Friends – Manifest!




Japandroids – Celebration Rock



Neil Young and Crazy Horse – Americana



The Temper Trap – The Temper Trap



The Hives  Lex Hives


June 12
Alejandro Escovedo – Big Station



Metric – Synthetica



Smashing Pumpkins – Oceania


DMX – Undisputed
(no cover art yet)


June 19
Glen Hansard – Rhythm and Repose


Fiona Apple – The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw, and Whipping Cords Will Serve You More Than Ropes Will Ever Do




June 26
Everest – Ownerless


Ty Segall Band – Slaughterhouse (In The Red)



Linkin Park – Living Things

2 comments:

  1. Yippee! I really enjoy these release lists of yours, even though you're taste is for the louder music, I usually find something I missed. I was disappointed by The Temper Trap album I heard on spotify. Quite like that Linkin Park track. Going to give the Glen Hansard LP a listen once it hits!
    Not a Fiona Apple fan? Her delayed album is out June 19th ( :

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like how you put that- "louder music" bc its totally true. I am always up some messy sounding garage/psych rock. And actually that's more of a recent trend I've slowly developed over the past years and I guess it's sticking, but it always good to branch out and discover new stuff. Don't be alarmed, I wouldn't really consider myself a DMX fan, but I have always found his angry/yell rap style fascinating.

      I'm also slightly disappointed by the new Temper Trap album especially bc I was a big fan of Conditions. I am also not that thrilled about the new Linkin Park stuff either, but oh well.

      However, I do like Fiona Apple and I can thank you for pointing out to me my failure to post the new album with the infamous 23-word title. One or two always gets past me. Thanks!

      Delete